- located at the base of the spine at the perenium area
- color is RED, spinning downward toward earth
- issues of the body and physical surroundings
- stability, support, security, grounding. Tribal connection. Needing to fit in with the group
- legs, feet, coccyx
- Adrenal glands
- Related to the zodiac signs of Aquarius and Capricorn
- Associated with the planet Saturn
- emotions of fear, thoughts of lack and survival
- earth element
- bija mantra or seed letter vibration is lam
- deity is Brahma the creator
- located in the lower abdomen, below naval
- color is ORANGE, spinning outwardly from the lower naval and sacrum
- sacrum and pelvis
- intuition, creativity, sexuality, sensuality, spirituality. Balance in relationships
- Ovaries and Testes
- Related to the zodiac signs of Sagittarius and Pisces
- Associated with the planet Jupiter
- sexuality, intimacy and associated emotions; false knowledge
- water element
- bija mantra or seed letter vibration is vam
- deity is Vishnu
- located above the naval, below the breast bone
- color is YELLOW, spinning outwardly from the naval and middle back areas
- vitality and radiance. Personal power.
- xiphoid process of the sternum and the abdominal area
- Related to the zodiac signs of Aries and Scorpio
- Associated with the planet Mars
- social roles, community, self esteem, shame, jealousy, desire, worldliness, fear
- fire element
- bija mantra or seed letter vibration is ram
- deity is Rudra. Fire consumes everything.
Anahata Chakra Chart
- located in the heart region and between the shoulder blades
- color is GREEN, spinning outwardly from the heart in all directions
- intuitive, perceptions, spiritual heartfulness, devotion, unconditional love, compassion.
- cario vascular system, arms, hands
- air element
- Thymus gland
- Related to the zodiac signs of Taurus and Libra
- Associated with the planet Venus
- bija mantra or seed letter vibration is yam
- deity is Isha. Love and wisdom.
There is an additional chakra just below the pericarp of the Anahata Chakra called Ananda-Kanda.
This is where mental worship of one's chosen deity should be performed.
Vishuddha Chakra Chart
- located at the throat and neck
- color is BLUE, spinning outwardly from the throat, sides, and back of neck
- "mixed-mind" - regret, choices, indecision. expression, Intuition, communication, discrimination
- lungs, cervical spine [neck], jaw and upper part of mouth [maxilla]
- Parathyroid and Thyroid
- Related to the zodiac signs of Gemini and Virgo
- Associated with the planet Mercury
- ether element [space]
- bija mantra or seed letter vibration is ham
- deity is Sadashiva and Shakti, as One
Ajna Chakra Chart
- Also known as the seat of the Guru
- located at the forehead, concentrated between the eyes
- color is VIOLET or LIGHT BLUE, spinning outwardly from the forehead and back of the head
- sphenoid, atlanto-occipital joint
- active on a spiritual path, calm and focused. Perception, detachment, wise.
- beyond the five elements. The seat of primordial nature
- Pituitary, Hypothalamus and Thalamus glands
- Related to the zodiac signs of Cancer and Leo
- Planets are Sun and Moon
- bija mantra or seed letter vibration, as well as the yoga symbol is OM
- deity is Sadashiva and Shakti, as One. The Guru.
- start in a kneeling position, knees and hands on the floor
- bend and move one leg between your hands. Knee above your ankle
- extend the other leg back, toes touching the floor
- breathe deeply, lengthening your back, neck, and extended leg. Breathe
- when ready, push up and balance with your arm and leg into Half Moon Pose
- turn your head and face the sky to naturally open up the torso
- breathe into the core of your body, the area just below your navel -- your center of gravity and balance
- with every exhalation, have a sense of your energy flowing out of your head, hands, and feet
- hold the pose for as long as you desire, breathing in and out deeply
- when ready, exhale down back into runners pose, then relax.
- repeat the steps for the other side.
Sahasrara Chakra Chart
- located at the crown of the head
- color is WHITE or CRYSTAL, spinning upward
- top of head
- perceive the illuminous Self. Connection to all life. Inspiration, devotion, transcendental ideas, mystical connection. Life in the present moment.
- Pineal gland
- deity is Paramashiva